Browning A5 Lightning Sweet Sixteen 16 GA
Our Price: $—–
2021 SHOT Show Special – 16 gauge autoloading shotgun highlighted by a gloss finish, Turkish walnut stock with Lightning style, rounded grip stock. Gloss black anodized receiver finish. Includes three Invector-DS choke tubes. Ideal for hunting/sporting clays.
Lightning strikes. In the not-so-distant past if your buddy uttered the phrase, “Sweet Sixteen,” your eyebrows didn’t go up because you knew he was talking about the superb handling Browning Auto-5 in 16 gauge. This new example includes another feature common to classic Browning shotguns, the “Lightning Style” stock. This semi-pistol grip design is noted by the rounded knob at the bottom of the grip. Aesthetics aside, to many shooters, the relaxed grip angle offers a quick, instinctive grasp and easy reach to the trigger — making it ideal for fast-flushing upland birds like pheasant, quail and chukar.
The “Gentleman’s Gauge.” The in-between 16 gauge is, to many hunters, the ideal ammunition for the perfect gun. A well designed 16 gauge is closer in weight to a 20 gauge, with a shot payload nearer the 12 gauge, and patterning that bests them both. Like its most revered predecessor, the Browning A5 16 gauge is built on a smaller, lighter receiver for reduced weight and a sleek feel in your hands. It also benefits from the advantages of Total Barrel Dynamics and the Invector-DS choke tube system to extract the most performance from this revered gauge. The humpback receiver profile increases the length of the sighting plane to give you the same advantage the first Auto 5s were famous for. Pick up an A5 Sweet Sixteen and see how sweet it is.
The Kinematic Drive. In its simplest term, kinetic energy is the energy of motion. The new Browning A5 makes better use of kinetic energy with its powerful, short recoil-operated Kinematic Drive System. Kinematic Drive harnesses recoil energy and converts it into the mechanical motion needed to operate the action. This concept is tried and true, and now perfected by the company that broke ground first with autoloading shotguns. The beauty of Kinematic Drive is the simplicity of design for consistent, reliable function with any load and under the full extremes of weather, temperature, moisture and grime. This gun is designed to work, come hell or high water. Operation is clean because gases are sent out the barrel and away from the action.
- Gloss finish, Turkish walnut, Lightning style, round grip stock is shim-adjustable for length of pull, cast, and drop
- Classic 18 lines-per-inch point pattern checkering
- Gloss black anodized receiver finish
- Three Invector-DS choke tubes
- Fiber-optic front sight and ivory mid-bead
- Ideal for hunting/sporting clays
- Gauge 16
- Chamber Length 2 3/4"
- Barrel Length 26" / 28"
- Overall Length 47 1/4" / 49 1/4"
- Length of Pull 14 1/4"
- Drop at Comb 1 3/4"
- Drop at Heel 2"
- Weight 5 lbs 12 oz / 5 lbs 13 oz
- Magazine Capacity 4, 2 3/4" shells
- Rib Width 1/4"
- Barrel Finish High Gloss
- Stock Finish Gloss
- Wood Grade Grade I
- Chokes Included Full, Modified, Improved Cylinder
- Receiver Finish Polished Black
- Dura Touch Finish No
- Chamber Finish Chrome Plated Chamber
- Front Sight Fiber Optic
- Choke System Invector-DS Flush
- Barrel Material Steel
- Stock Material Turkish Walnut
- Recoil Pad Inflex 2, Large
- Checkering Cut 18 LPI
- Sling Swivel Studs None
- Receiver Material Aluminum Alloy
- Trigger Finish Gold Plated
- Trigger Guard Finish Matte Black
- Bolt Slide Finish Brushed Nickel
- Magazine Type Tubular
- Trigger Material Alloy
- Trigger Guard Material Alloy
- Trigger Guard Engraving Buck Mark in Gold
- Choke Wrench Included T-Wrench
- MSRP $1,739.99 USD
Sporting, Field, Semi-Automatic